SOS General Handbooks, Manuals, Guides & Instructions
- Secretary of State’s Website
- Current Interactive PDF Election Calendars
- Current District Maps – SOS website
- Current Candidate Requirement Guide (PDF)
- Commencing Dates for Elected Offices
- Compatibility of Public Offices or Positions Resource
Ohio Ethics Commission Information
- O.E.C. Financial Disclosure
- The Ohio Ethics law requires certain elected officials, candidates for elected offices, public employees, and appointees to public positions to annually file a financial disclosure statement with the Ohio Ethics Commission. A financial disclosure statement requires a filer to disclose information regarding their personal financial interests and fiduciary relationships for the preceding calendar year.
- O.E.C. Who files?
- Elected officials and candidates for state office, city and county offices.
- Elected or appointed board members and candidates for school board or educational service center governing board in districts/ESCs with a total student count of 12,000 or more
- Appointees to unexpired terms in any of these elected offices;
Joint Legislative Ethics Committee
- Joint Legislative Financial Disclosure Information – For all legislative candidates and current members of the Ohio General Assembly
Judicial Candidate Information
- Judicial Candidate Information from the Ohio Supreme Court
- ORC 102 – Public Officers – Ethics
- ORC 2921 – Offenses Against Justice and Public Administration
Question’s & Issues Information
Forms & Petitions
Filing Policy and Common Problems with Petitions:
- Allen County Board of Elections’s Filing Policy
- A list of frequently asked questions and common problems my be picked up when pulling petitions.